Nominations for the Faculty Member of the Year
Each year the nomination for this award comes from faculty members’ peers, staff, students, and community members. Everyone is encouraged to participate in the selection process by nominating a candidate for this prestigious award. The recipient of the award receives a cash honorarium from the college and is honored with a plaque. The recipient of the award is also honored at The South Carolina Technical Education Association with other educators across the state of South Carolina.
General guidelines for the selection of the Faculty Member of the Year:
- A nominee must be a full-time faculty member and has been employed at the college in a full-time capacity for a minimum of three years.
- He/she should exhibit excellence in working with students in a teaching and/or advising capacity
- He/she exhibits contributions that are consistent with the mission of Florence-Darlington Technical College
- Nominees will be notified of their nomination on November 10, 2017, by the Vice-President of Academic Affairs.
- Nominees will agree to accept the nomination and submit required materials for review to Hattie Pinckney no later than November 17th.
- CTL Advisory Committee will commence a review of submitted materials from all nominees on November 20, 2017, and submit the names of 2 finalists to the Vice President of Academic Affairs on November 27, 2017. The Vice-President of Academic Affairs will confer with the President on the 2 finalists and the President will then decide on the award winner by December 1, 2017.
Materials required from nominees:
- The candidate’s curriculum vita
- One page statement from the candidate on how the candidate perceives his/her role as a Florence-Darlington Technical College faculty member
- Submission of a portfolio where you address the points listed below:
- Briefly describe your teaching strategies and the materials you use to meet your objectives
- Identify your content expertise and any professional development activities you might be able to include in a resume’
- What are some examples of service to your profession, institution, and system?
- List some different ways you assess student learning/performance
- Letter of support from a colleague, staff member, student, and/or community member commenting on the candidate’s impact on the institution and/or other outstanding personal characteristics
- You will submit a biography and photograph of yourself for use by the institution.
- Your biography and image will be included in materials throughout the year.
- You will agree to attend the South Carolina Technical Education Conference
- You will be asked to speak at Honors’ Night hosted by Florence-Darlington Technical College Student Services Committee.
- You will be asked to speak at Florence-Darlington Technical College Commencement.